1982 letter from Rawat to an instructor in 1982
  Archive
Posted by:
Joe ®

01/10/2006, 14:14:28
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Well again, it doesn't get any more blatant does it?  It also doesn't get more nauseating.

This is the contents of a  letter from Rawat to an instructor written in 1982.  Recognize the style?  Blimey, what a pile of strinking excrement.

I Am With You When You Meditate And When You Do Not Meditate.
I Am In You And You Are In Me.
It Is Only In Your Mind That The Barriers Of What Are Yours And What Is Mine Exist.
Yet Only With Your Heart Can You Know And Perceive Me.
Empty Your Heart Of Ignorant Fears.
When You Do Not Bring Your Personality Between Us, I Will Be With You.
By Yourself You Cannot Do Anything But I Can Do Anything And Am With You.
Even If You Cannot See The Good, The Good Is There Because I Am There All The Time.
Only Through Me Does The World Go Forward Without Destroying Itself.
Because I Am The Law On Which The Movement Of The Stars And The Growth Of Every Living Cell Rests.
I Am The Love Which Is The Fulfillment Of The Law.
I Am Your Security, I Am Your Peace, I Am Your Everything.
Even If You Do Not Find Me, I Will Always Find You.
If Your Faith In Me Is Weak, My Faith In You Is Faultless.
Although You Give Your Trust And Love To Others Without Reason, You Need Me, I Am Here With You.
You Cannot See Me, Yet I Am The Light Which Allows You To See Me.
You Cannot Hear Me, Yet I Speak Through Your Voice.
You Cannot Feel Me, Yet I Am The Power Which Works In Your Hands.
I Work Inside Of You Even If You Do Not Recognize My Works.
I Am Not A Strange Vision, I Am Not A Mystery.
Alone In Absolute Silence, Beyond The Personality Which You Can Enter As A Feeling And As A Faith, I Am Still With You, I Still Hear You.
I Still Answer You.
When You Need Me I Am With You And I Love You.
In Those Moments When You Must Be Alone, I Am With You.
Even In Your Fears And Even In Your Grief, Even If You Deny Me, I Am With You.
My Love Is Just For You Alone Because I Know You And I Love You.

Previous Recommend Current page Next

Replies to this message

you can't fool Auntie
Re: 1982 letter from Rawat to an instructor in 1982 -- Joe Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Aunt Bea ®

01/10/2006, 15:19:33
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Well the self-esteem crushing semiotics aside, it should be obvious that this form of expression is more than a tad bit too sophisticated and poetasterless to have been really written by the shameless eyebrowless one. A quick Google picked this reference up, though I suspect the path of plagiarism would find examples even closer to the letter of the letter itself. The LOTU a plagiarist, why I would send him right up to bed without supper!

I AM THERE

Do you need Me ? I am there.

You cannot see Me, yet I am the light you see by. You cannot hear Me, yet I speak through your voice. You cannot feel Me, yet I am the power at work in your hands.

I am at work, though you do not understand My ways. I am at work, though you do not understand My works. I am not strange visions. I am not mysteries.

Only in absolute stillness, beyond self, can you know Me as I AM, and then but as a feeling and a faith.

Yet I am here. Yet I hear. Yet I answer. When you need ME, I am there. Even if you deny Me, I am there. Even when you feel most alone, I am there. Even in your fears, I am there. Even in your pain, I am there.

I am there when you pray and when you do not pray. I am in you, and you are in Me. Only in your mind can you feel separate from Me, for only in your mind are the mists of "yours" and "mine". Yet only with your mind can you know Me and experience Me.

Empty your heart of empty fears. When you get yourself out of the way, I am there. You can of yourself do nothing, but I can do all. And I AM in all.

Though you may not see the good, good is there, for I am there. I am there because I have to be, because I AM.

Only in Me does the world have meaning; only out of Me does the world take form; only because of ME does the world go forward. I am the law on which the movement of the stars and the growth of living cells are founded.

I am the love that is the law's fulfilling. I am assurance. I am peace. I am oneness. I am the law that you can live by. I am the love that you can cling to. I am your assurance. I am your peace. I am ONE with you. I am.

Though you fail to find ME, I do not fail you. Though your faith in Me is unsure, My faith in you never wavers, because I know you, because I love you.

Beloved, I AM there.

--- James Dillet Freeman

Note: This poem received a lot of attention in 1971 when it was taken to the moon by astronaut  James B. Irwin on Apollo 15. Irwin's mother gave it to him before the flight and he actually left a copy of the poem on the moon.  The author, James Dillet Freeman, is poet laureate of the Unity School of Christianity at Unity Village. He wrote the poem in 1947

http://www.meilach.com/quotemonth/quotemonth.html

Maharaji is still with me -- HELP
Re: you can't fool Auntie -- Aunt Bea Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Joe ®

01/10/2006, 15:25:38
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

What's particularly distressing is that Rawat apparently thinks, and the premies believe, that he is "with" a premie even if the premie doesn't practice knowledge and even if you reject Maharaji as your master, teacher, God, dance instructor, or whatever.

Is that the greasy feeling I get sometimes when I'm on the subway?  Is it because the greasy one is "with" me?

Remember -EIYDHiWNAY
Re: Maharaji is still with me -- HELP -- Joe Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
karenl ®

01/10/2006, 18:25:49
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

"Even in your darkest hour i will never abandon you."

Rawat, YOU were my darkest hour. You are the blood sucking vampire that never lets go. How do you manage to convince people that you are good?

Karen

The cult sold wrist watches with that on it
Re: Remember -EIYDHiWNAY -- karenl Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Joe ®

01/11/2006, 13:12:20
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

How classy.

Gold embossed mugs too
Re: The cult sold wrist watches with that on it -- Joe Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
karenl ®

01/11/2006, 18:03:35
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Do they sell condoms with that on it too?
Re: Gold embossed mugs too -- karenl Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Joe ®

01/11/2006, 19:11:37
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

How about tampons?
Re: Do they sell condoms with that on it too? -- Joe Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Joe ®

01/11/2006, 19:12:18
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Barf Bags? (no text)
Re: How about tampons? -- Joe Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
premie_spouse ®

01/12/2006, 12:46:16
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Modified by premie_spouse at Thu, Jan 12, 2006, 12:48:01

Re: Remember -EIYDHiWNAY
Re: Remember -EIYDHiWNAY -- karenl Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
shelagh ®

01/11/2006, 18:06:00
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Hi Karen!  Yes, I DO remember!  I bought my daughter a bracelet of silver beads with those letters on!  She left the cult years before I did (clever girl!) but still likes the bracelet.  She's a teacher, and the "beads' are like lettered blocks, and who the hell is going to know that they "mean" anything anyway!

It's funny you should post about this--I thought immediately of that "darkest hour" thing in response to the posts on this thread, and felt--he never knew my darkest hour!  he never knew who I was, and wouldn't have cared if he did!  And what's more, if I'd ever tried to share about my "darkest hour", he would have told me I'm in my mind!  I should meditate more, surrender more, give more money, ANYTHING but real empathy and compassion!

Phew!  Am I glad I am OUT of this thing!

~Shelagh

That's the thing about these God types
Re: Maharaji is still with me -- HELP -- Joe Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Aunt Bea ®

01/11/2006, 01:59:08
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

They are so damn unreliable. Yeah, sure they say that they are "with" you, but go ahead and test it. You can stand out in the middle of the street cursing him, threatening him, making fun of his brown shoes, but no, you won't get a peep out of him.

Do the same thing with the Hell's Angel, like knock over one of their bikes in front of your local HAMC chapter and see what happens. Now those are people you can count on.

But still, it is kind of cool that Maharaji taught you how to dance.

Right. The basic dogma of the Maharaji Religion
Re: That's the thing about these God types -- Aunt Bea Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Joe ®

01/11/2006, 10:52:02
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Maharaji is always with you and everything good that happens is due to him. 

On the other hand, everything bad that happens is either a lesson from Maharaji for your ultimate benefit, or it is your own, damn fault for not being (surrendered, focused, in your heart, conscious or sincere) enough.

Quite a scam, isn't it?

Re: you can't fool Auntie
Re: you can't fool Auntie -- Aunt Bea Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Dermot ®

01/11/2006, 07:20:09
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

It's also similar, perhaps more so, to some tripe Meher Baba used to dish out to his deluded ones.

Dermot at least Meher Baba had a good sense of humour
Re: Re: you can't fool Auntie -- Dermot Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Jethro ®

01/11/2006, 07:37:43
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

one story I heard: when he took his vow of  silence he said that he would break his silence after 35 years with a 'Word' that will shatter the  world as we know it(In that everyone will be at peace..yada yada).

Anyway after 35 years....guess what!!!!......

He kicked the bucket without ever saying a word....)

Jethro

Modified by Jethro at Wed, Jan 11, 2006, 07:38:35

I dunno ...typical...
Re: Dermot at least Meher Baba had a good sense of humour -- Jethro Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Dermot ®

01/11/2006, 08:39:21
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

all these merchants ask for your unwavering trust but you can't trust a word they say. Or don't say, in the case of meher  : )

'Only Through Me Does The World Go Forward Without Destroying Itself'
Re: 1982 letter from Rawat to an instructor in 1982 -- Joe Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Nigel ®

01/10/2006, 17:11:43
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

So not God, then?

Modified by Nigel at Tue, Jan 10, 2006, 17:42:17

Maybe.....
Re: 'Only Through Me Does The World Go Forward Without Destroying Itself' -- Nigel Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Joe ®

01/11/2006, 11:01:10
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Like some of the "intelligent design" people ingenuously suggest, maybe Maharaji is an alien from another planet who uses super powers to protect a primitive world. 

I dunno, kinda works for me.

Remember what he said last year, yep last year
Re: Maybe..... -- Joe Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
hamzen ®

01/12/2006, 17:56:51
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

.I have come to this planet to to give peace to this world !

Jaipur, 29 November 2004

Modified by hamzen at Thu, Jan 12, 2006, 17:58:28

Re: Remember what he said last year, yep last year
Re: Remember what he said last year, yep last year -- hamzen Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
13 ®

01/13/2006, 13:10:30
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

'I have come to this planet to to give peace to this world !'

We all know he used to talk like this, but I'd guess this might have been (mis?) translated? Surely he's not still talking as if he was on some other planet just waiting for an opportune moment to come and save us all? That can't be the case, cos most of his stuff (the keys etc) is on the net. If he'd only waited a few more years, he could have patched right into interplanetary web, and uploaded all that stuff without having to come to this planet at all. There has been a mistake, that's all I am sure of.

Re: 1982 letter from Rawat to an instructor in 1982
Posted by:
Dermot ®

01/11/2006, 07:14:36
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

"Even If You Deny Me, I Am With You."

With me where exactly? Some court in Queensland, Australia, maybe, or wherever your lawyers can file a suit?

: )

I remeber it well
Posted by:
Jethro ®

01/11/2006, 07:32:38
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

That was a passage in the 'Guru Maharaj Ji Gita' that appeared in an ashram I was living in(circa 1977).

It was in the form of a converastion, which took place in Malibu, between The Lord and his consort (Durga Ji aka Marolyn or vice -versa )

She asked him questions in Arjuna-style and he replied in THAT fashion.

We were told that non-ashram premies were not allowed to see it. In fact I got into some trouble for talking it outside the ashram and showing to 'community' premies.

Hmmmm deja vu: why do I think we have had this converastion before..maybe in a past life at forum 3 or 4 ?!

Anyway Joe happy new year and all the best to you

Jethro

It Is Only In Your Mind That The Barriers Of What Are Yours And What Is Mine Exist.
Posted by:
cq ®

01/11/2006, 13:00:23
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

"It Is Only In Your Mind That The Barriers Of What Are Yours And What Is Mine Exist".

So he can have my mortgage, and I'll take his Malibu mansion, yeah?