Withdrawal of Private Messaging Facility
  Archive
Posted by:
JHB ®

01/06/2006, 10:24:50
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

A security issue has come to light affecting Private Messages. Because of this I have agreed with Mike to disable Private Messaging on this forum. There are currently 9 private messages. As these will be deleted when the facility is withdrawn, we will give posters until Monday to read them, or to communicate privately in some other manner such as email. If anyone wants their private messages deleted earlier, please let me know.

This is just a precaution although a necessary one - we are not aware of the privacy of any poster on this forum being compromised as yet.

If anyone has an urgent need to contact another poster privately and is unwilling to publish their email address, you may write to us and we will forward your request to the poster concerned.

Anyone who does publish their email address should disguise it in some simple way (such as replacing '@' with {at} ) to prevent spam robots finding the email address and adding it to spam mailing lists.

I am happy to answer any questions except to give any further information of the nature of the security flaw.

John.

Modified by JHB at Fri, Jan 06, 2006, 13:11:28

Previous Recommend Current page Next

Replies to this message

Re: Withdrawal of Private Messaging Facility
Re: Withdrawal of Private Messaging Facility -- JHB Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
toby ®

01/06/2006, 11:35:52
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

can't chage my email adress in the registration

Re: Changing email address
Re: Re: Withdrawal of Private Messaging Facility -- toby Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
JHB ®

01/06/2006, 13:51:55
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Toby,

It worked when I did it, but it is a little annoying that it goes through the activation email process again.  This makes sense though as the registration requires a valid email address, so if you change it then the verification process is repeated.

So what particular problem did you have?

John.

Re: Changing email address
Re: Re: Changing email address -- JHB Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
toby ®

01/06/2006, 15:41:26
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

when i try to change the adress i just get an error message

works now thanks!