Prem Rawat is a published author listed on Amazon.com!!!!
  Archive
Posted by:
Joe ®

01/04/2006, 13:52:35
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

IT's called "Clarity" and it appears to have a lot of pictures and white spaces, interspersed with Prem Rawat's deep and insightful "poetry" and prose. 

In just two days, in a feat of incredible, cosmic coincidence, over 28 premies gave raving reviews of this publication on Amazon.com.  Wonder how that happened?  One guy from Australia said that "something touched his heart" when he read it. 

Tim Gallwey calls it a "truly great work of art" and that it can "be reviewed only in terms of the impact it has on the reader. Not readers in the abstract, but each individual reader."  Yeah, Tim, when it comes to the living Lord who also produces a "great work of art," it just can't be judged objectively and you know it, don't you?  Mr. Gallwey demonstrates a great example of what cult mind control is all about, doesn't he? 

But, in fact, you cannot buy this "great work of art" from Amazon, you have to go over to TRPF to do that, although you can offer to buy a used copy when one becomes available, for which I bid $.10.  I'm sure one will be available soon.  When did Amazon.com start doing stuff like this?

Also, TPRF seems to have purchased advertising on Amazon at the same time.  I guess if you click on their websites, Amazon makes money.

Related link: Clarity, by Prem Rawat
Modified by Joe at Wed, Jan 04, 2006, 14:04:27

Previous Recommend Current page Next

Replies to this message

Rawat's profound and touching words --
Re: Prem Rawat is a published author listed on Amazon.com!!!! -- Joe Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Joe ®

01/04/2006, 14:15:28
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

How about this deep message from Mr. Rawat on the sample page displayed on Amazon:

Questions stay questions

Generations come and go

The questions stay

And so do the answers

What is there to say to that?  Well, how about:

Yes, Tim Gallwey says that is a great work of art

And when I read it something touched my heart

And from that, what did I learn?

Not too much; I found out it was heartburn. 

Modified by Joe at Wed, Jan 04, 2006, 14:18:28

Blatent spamming of Amazon website by Rawat's followers.
Re: Rawat's profound and touching words -- -- Joe Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
T ®

01/04/2006, 16:50:47
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Amazon must have established policies against the blatent spamming that is going on with premies 'reviewing' this puffball book?

I just looked and there are 29 'reviews' so far, all positive and I could not find one reviewer that had submitted any other reviews for any other books.  I recognised several names in amongst the 'reviewers', all current followers of the Lord of the Universe now currently known as Prem Rawat.

And it was no surprise to see that the various reviewers are patting each other on the back saying how helpful they found each other's review.  Quite funny really, a nice happy clappy crowd all congregating on the Amazon pages.  Nope, they are not in a cult, never in a million years! 

But what got me above all else is the rear of the book. I mean really.  Was this picture drawn by some sort of infantalised adult?  Answers on a postcard please.

T

Uploaded file
claritybookrear.jpg (8680 bytes)  

Modified by T at Wed, Jan 04, 2006, 16:53:01

Horrid pukey color!
Re: Blatent spamming of Amazon website by Rawat's followers. -- T Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
karenl ®

01/04/2006, 17:53:11
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Right
Re: Horrid pukey color! -- karenl Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Premie_Spouse ®

01/05/2006, 15:19:46
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

It's that color so you can wipe the puke off easier.  

But Tim Gallwey says it's A GREAT WORK OF ART!
Re: Blatent spamming of Amazon website by Rawat's followers. -- T Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Joe ®

01/04/2006, 19:11:53
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

And of course, Tim Gallwey knows "a great work of art" when he sees it.

Just like Tim Gallwey knows that all of us left the Rawat cult because we were too into the "Maharaji religion" and we just couldn't handle it when Maharaji got rid of the religion.  Tim Gallwey knows this as he explains in the "Passages" video, which his cult put out a while back.  You can see him with a bunch of other spinners like Glen Whittaker and the problems with saris, here:

14.5mb

Of course, I have yet to hear of even ONE person who left the cult, or the ashram for that matter, because they were so in love with Hindu traditions which "Maharaji got rid of," you know, things like arti and darshan, no, wait, he never got rid of those.  Must be the saris, that's it, the saris we were in love with the saris.

Modified by Joe at Wed, Jan 04, 2006, 20:12:29

More of the gospel according to Tim Gallwey
Re: But Tim Gallwey says it's A GREAT WORK OF ART! -- Joe Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Joe ®

01/04/2006, 20:06:24
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Go over to the Passages link on this forum and watch Mr. Gallwey shuck and jive about how it was all of us who "projected" all the God stuff onto Rawat as if, really he had nothing to do with it. 

I know, it's true.  We just "projected" Mr. Rawat dancing around half naked on stages wearing Krishna crowns.  That was just projection.  Here you can see him say it, right after a somewhat halting and incoherent statement from Sandy Collier:

3.3mb

Mr. Gallwey, your statements are an insult to the intelligence of more than you know.

Modified by Joe at Wed, Jan 04, 2006, 20:09:47

I do have some early Tim Gallwey cult talk...
Re: But Tim Gallwey says it's A GREAT WORK OF ART! -- Joe Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Hilltop ®

01/05/2006, 22:20:38
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

It's in the 'And It Is Divine' publication where Prem Rawat/Guru Maharaj Ji is the 'surpreme editor' in chief... But my God, this stuff is too sickening to read that I don't think I'll post it.

My Best Thoughts to Everyone ~ just the same... Hilltop

one other review
Posted by:
Premie_Spouse ®

01/05/2006, 15:18:44
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

I did find one reviewer who also "reviewed" rawat's website.  That has to be against Amazon policy, surely!  

Exes should be happy to review the book too!
Posted by:
Jim ®

01/06/2006, 19:29:57
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

I looked at Amazon's policies and, while I think a case could be made for keeping this cult religious tract off its website, I notice that they've got Moon's writings for sale too.  I bet there are all sorts of whacky, stupid, even dangerous authors on their list and they're not about to start screening out cult leaders per se.

But that doesn't mean that we can't also review this book.  I submitted a review myself the other day but it apparently takes about a week for it to surface.  Has anyone else added their comments?  This could be fun!

Here's a little song you can all join in....
Re: Exes should be happy to review the book too! -- Jim Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Nigel ®

01/06/2006, 20:29:21
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

>has anyone else added their comments?

Watch and enjoy

Modified by Nigel at Fri, Jan 06, 2006, 20:33:49

Re: Rawat's profound and touching words --
Posted by:
shelagh ®

01/04/2006, 17:40:07
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Hi Joe!  This stuff is almost as good as "the cause of night being a great lack of the sun".  (See Shakespeare's As You Like it, or maybe it was Twelfth Night). Only the bard went on to write some of the greatest poetry of all time, along with a great ability to make fun of of the same , and of human pomposity and posing.  Imagine what Shakespeare would do with this cult stuff and Rawat's ridiculous belief that he's the lord of the universe.  Ah, someone should write THAT play!  Scene 1: the Boy-God comes to the West;  Scene 2: In the Ashram; Scene 3, well you get the idea.  Has there ever been any drama written about the cult phenomenon?  I know there are good non-fiction books on the scene now.  My Life in Orange was a good expose of the Rajneesh cult.

~Shelagh

Questions, to Rawat, are like sunlight to a vampire
Posted by:
Jim ®

01/05/2006, 11:17:51
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

If you read the rest of the sample page on Amazon, it's all about questions.  How they're to be avoided at all costs.  In the most banal writing imaginable -- and that's no exaggeration -- Rawat urges his readers to run and hide from or ignore them.  It's so weird, so blatantly cult-like, Jesus H. Christ, one just salivates at the idea, likely never to be fulfilled but you never know, of Rawat facing some real questions of his own some day.

Oh the people that eat this up ... it's hard to respect them, I must say!

It's amazing the premies think they don't look like a cult
Re: Questions, to Rawat, are like sunlight to a vampire -- Jim Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Joe ®

01/05/2006, 11:58:12
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

I mean, really.  I wonder if Ted Leavitt (nice guy as I recall), or Tim Gallwey or any of the other 30 instant army of five star "reviewers," all of whom say almost exactly the same thing, and all of whom showed up within two days to review this piece of crap in lockstep precision, have any clue that they look like a cult.

I mean, anyone with a brain would think it was just a little robotic and weird.  Plus, all the "reviews" are  devoid of content except about how it  "feels" to look at Rawat's great creation.

This never ceases to amaze me, this glaring blind spot of cult members.  I must admit, I was the same way.

Modified by Joe at Thu, Jan 05, 2006, 11:59:17

Amazon.com might just have a prohibition about that type of listing!
Re: Prem Rawat is a published author listed on Amazon.com!!!! -- Joe Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
cq ®

01/05/2006, 12:48:58
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Listings that are intended wholly or mainly as "portals" to commercial or private Web sites for the purposes of advertising, or that offer contact information for non-Amazon.com Auctions or zShops transactions, are prohibited. Links to outside Web sites intended to sell items--particularly those with non-Amazon.com ordering tools or information--are prohibited. Additionally, small promotional logos may be included within a listing to credit outside services (payment processing, image hosting, or listing services, etc.) that relate directly to the item for auction or sale. Promotional messages and solicitations may not be communicated within a promotional credit logo. The promotional credit logo may not exceed 100 x 40 pixels in size.
END

Related link: Amazon.com policy
Modified by cq at Thu, Jan 05, 2006, 13:04:29

We could add our "reviews"
Re: Amazon.com might just have a prohibition about that type of listing! -- cq Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
shelagh ®

01/05/2006, 18:59:26
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

At least those of us who have seen and read the book!  I haven't, and won't bother getting a copy--but hey, it's a fair world out there, and everyone's opinion is allowed, as far as I can tell--on Amazon!  30 pans would bring that star-rating down in a hurry--but then, is it really worth our time?  Just a thought...yikes, maybe I'm joining the cult camp with such small mean thoughts!  Larkin, where are you--more real poetry, please!

~Shelagh

Banal pap
Posted by:
Dermot ®

01/05/2006, 13:07:17
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

probably inspired by a good stiff drop of cognac in the company of adoring, submissive sycophants and, abracadabra,ART is created,praised and appreciated!!!

Why didn't they publish it in "little red book" format?

You should have seen the first draft...
Posted by:
Larkin ®

01/05/2006, 13:32:03
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Questions stay questions

Like ‘who?’ and ‘why?’ and ‘which?’ and ‘what?’

Generations come and go

I’ve heard they do that quite a lot

The questions stay

Like ‘where?’ and ‘when?’

And so do the answers

(Hmm, try again….)

Questions stay questions

But buggered if I’ll answer you

Generations come and go

My lineage will screw them too

The questions stay

But what the heck?

And so do the answers

Send that cheque!

--------------------------------------

(In case the Master Bard has left you sick to the pits of your guts with his absurdity, vanity and ineptitude, try these for immediate relief of the soul...)

http://www.cs.rice.edu/~ssiyer/minstrels/poems/18.html

http://www.bigeye.com/fernhill.htm

http://www.egr.unlv.edu/~rho/interests/other/poems/w.h.auden/funeral.blues.html

http://www.artofeurope.com/larkin/lar2.htm 

http://www.cs.rice.edu/~ssiyer/minstrels/poems/974.html

Modified by Larkin at Thu, Jan 05, 2006, 13:42:19

Re: You should have seen the first draft...
Re: You should have seen the first draft... -- Larkin Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
shelagh ®

01/05/2006, 18:39:49
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Very nice, Larkin!  You aren't related to Philip, are you?  Maybe you ARE Philip Larkin!

Anyway, keep the fresh air coming!

~Shelagh 

!
Re: You should have seen the first draft... -- Larkin Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Jim ®

01/06/2006, 15:09:10
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Horrible book
Posted by:
Premie_Spouse ®

01/05/2006, 15:23:29
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

I've read this book.  Oh, dear lord, it's bad.  Insipid, banal, totally without any meaning or depth.  It could only possibly be sold to a completely brainwashed cult member.  If you handed this book to anybody else, they would stare at you, wondering what was wrong with you.  And I suspect they would back away slowly.  And then, you'd probably not hear from them for a long time.

Try these !
Re: Horrible book -- Premie_Spouse Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Lexy ®

01/05/2006, 18:43:29
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

One minute,

Two minutes,

or three minutes........

Related link: http://www.maharaji.org/index.html

oh, jeez ,no!
Re: Try these ! -- Lexy Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
premie_spouse ®

01/05/2006, 20:05:59
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

I've seen those.  Can you believe it?  Sitting at the computer clicking on one, two or three minutes of that crap = no life.