Maharaji Never, Ever Claimed to be God
  Archive
Posted by:
Joe ®

01/03/2006, 20:59:39
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Right.  Perhaps Hilltop could help put the lie to this.  Actually, this page used to have a clip of Rawat spouting the same lie.  I notice after exes pointed out that Rawat was lying, both the FAQ and the clip were removed.

Here it is:

Did Maharaji ever say he was God?

No, Maharaji never at any time claimed to be God. As an Indian national, when Maharaji first started teaching in the west when he was 13 years old, he used many examples from eastern traditions which demonstrated that a student seeking fulfillment could do so by choosing to follow the teachings of a guru or master. As he matured he realized that western traditions put a very different emphasis on the idea of guru and wrongly attributed messianic labels in this process. He changed his language to use the term master only and gradually removed all Indian associations from his teaching, as this is not a path just for Indians but is something that is available for anyone regardless of color, religion or race. It is acknowledged that many people at the time were already looking for a messianic type figure. That Maharaji was not such a figure disappointed some people.

Related link: Elan Vital FAQs about Rawat not being God
Modified by Joe at Tue, Jan 03, 2006, 21:00:31

Previous Recommend Current page Next

Replies to this message

Wait a minute!!!
Re: Maharaji Never, Ever Claimed to be God -- Joe Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Marianne ®

01/03/2006, 21:08:42
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Didn't Maharaji explain to Dr. Gallo how to find the origins of cancer? Doesn't another site sponsored by TPRF say so?

Maybe just Maharaji knows the origins of cancer, and not God. Maybe the compassionate thing for Rawat to do would be to share that information with the rest of the world.

Re: Maharaji Never, Ever Claimed to be God
Posted by:
Hilltop ®

01/04/2006, 00:05:49
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Hi Joe,

Prem Rawat/Guru Maharaj Ji was promoted for many years as being..."Even Greater Than God", "The Lord Of The Universe", "The Perfect Master", "Kiss His Holy Feet", which is darshan and to Devote and Surrender yourself to HIM - type of Sat Guru.

Prem Rawat... then amazingly (over time) became a self made man, a 'regular guy' who is only human after all.

Let's face it... Prem Rawat hasn't been honest about the past and doesn't even want to talk about it, really. And yet Prem Rawat still promotes himself as somehow being involved with Peace. Prem Rawat doesn't deserve gold toilets for his big fat ass in my honest opinion. Prem Rawat talks about thirst? Let's talk about the Truth And 'His' greedy little mind abusing scam.

There is nothing wrong with Peace! As long as you still have a mind to appreciate what Peace may be. However, Prem Rawat did nothing more than abuse the mind and abused the meaning of this word Peace - along with many others words. It's sick & sad.

Anyhow... here is another example of Prem Rawat's cult talk. It's called "Dr. Lords Circus" Prem Rawat/Guru Maharaj Ji's talk at the Guru Puga Festival, Caracas, Venezuela, July 23, 1975.

As printed in "Elan Vital" ~ Summer 1978, Volume 2, Issue 2, Page 22. where we get to follow our Dr. Lord...

Uploaded file
DRLORD1.JPG (458.7 KB)  

Modified by Hilltop at Wed, Jan 04, 2006, 00:36:48

More from Prem Rawat's "Dr. Lord's Circus" talk....
Re: Re: Maharaji Never, Ever Claimed to be God -- Hilltop Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Hilltop ®

01/04/2006, 00:19:29
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

As printed in "Elan Vital" ~ Summer 1978, Volume 2, Issue 2, Page 23.
Uploaded file
DRLORD2.JPG (403.8 KB)  

Well, let's just say he wasn't averse to letting people think that he was God ...
Posted by:
cq ®

01/05/2006, 13:17:17
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

from the Houston "Millennium" event, billed as
"the most holy and significant event in human history"

Strange way he had of claiming NOT to be God.

Uploaded file
GOD_Ls.JPG (49.1 KB)  

Modified by cq at Thu, Jan 05, 2006, 13:24:13

Exactly, Chris
Re: Well, let's just say he wasn't averse to letting people think that he was God ... -- cq Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
JHB ®

01/05/2006, 16:42:12
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

I am not aware of Rawat ever saying the words 'I am God', and certainly he occasionally said he wasn't God, but for many years, and even now with having Arti sang to him, he allowed and encouraged his followers to believe he was uniquely God in human form.  And some of his quotes were very close to saying he was God.

John.

Exactly, Chris
Re: Exactly, Chris -- JHB Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Hilltop ®

01/05/2006, 21:50:41
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Hi John and Chris ~ I wanted to say hello to you guys. So Hello!

Believe it or not, I do have a quote by Prem Rawat where he explains and talks about the Sat-Guru being "Greater Than God" but it is in reference to his Sat-Guru father. I'll have take a look. I think Joe might like it too. Who knows? Maybe they were both "Greater Than God"! but I doubt it... Hilltop