I can't help but notice that there is some conflict re: this forum
  Archive
Posted by:
Stephenb ®

04/21/2006, 08:50:21
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

So how often do they investigate, harass and attack those who post here?  After reading the threads and looking at the info on one-reality.org, it is clear that several people have been silenced through legal threats (if you read between the lines).  Fortunately for Marianne she is an attorney and less susceptible to these threats, good for you Marianne!  (Sidebar, we don't all have the same rights really now do we, more educationally and economically based).  How often does this happen to those who post here?  Is there a risk that they will try and silence anyone who posts here?  Is that why everyone uses an alias?

Just wondering, I have learned it is better to ask questions, meticulously examine and investigate before leaping.  Wonder where I learned that?

Previous Recommend Current page Next

Replies to this message

Re:.. look before leaping ....wonder where I learnt that..
Re: I can't help but notice that there is some conflict re: this forum -- Stephenb Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
LP ®

04/21/2006, 09:05:15
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Ebay?

Modified by LP at Fri, Apr 21, 2006, 09:08:54

Hi Stephenb
Re: I can't help but notice that there is some conflict re: this forum -- Stephenb Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Marianne ®

04/21/2006, 09:55:10
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Well, everyone who posts here is a potential target for harrassment. I know of several people whose employers were contacted and told that they were "harrassing a non-profit organization". A letter was sent to one of the managing attys of the law firm where Joe works saying that the writer was going to contact the firm's clients and tell them that a hate group member worked at the office. No kidding!

I had an email recently from someone who has always been an infrequent and non-controversial poster - writing only a few lines each time - whose employer got an email complaining about this person's posts.

So I'd be careful about outing yourself. But there are many good and trustworthy people here with whom you can have email contact if you like.

By the way, I loved your letter to your younger self. It struck a lot of chords with me. I'd be interested in hearing more of your story if you want to email me, because we got in and out around the same time, and seem to have had the same reaction to the cult. If not, no problem.

My email is MarianneDB@aol.com">MarianneDB@aol.com

Marianne

Re: I can't help but notice that there is some conflict re: this forum
Posted by:
Cynthia ®

04/21/2006, 16:10:36
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Is there a risk that they will try and silence anyone who posts here? Is that why everyone uses an alias?

Yes. Of course, Rawat and Co. wants to silence us, that's why they call us a hate group. Over the years, anonymous premies have consistently defamed and libeled us.  A few mostly Australian premies used to have a forum where they posted daily "responses" to posts made here. They were libelous, vile posts by the premies and while they were anonymous, they used our real names.  They went on a three-year campaign, daily desparaging my mental health.  Some of those premies are quoted on the one reality website.

Also, through the years, some exes have come out with their real names, but have reverted back to using aliases. 

But, the biggest problem as I see it, is that premies use bald-faced lies, lies of omission, and revisionism when talking about Maharaji, premies, and ex-premies. Even Elan Vital uses outright lies on their website faqs when describing the so-called "threats and actions" made by ex-premies.  How do I know?  Because some of them are about me (not by name on EV's website).  So, yes, take great care in using your name and personal information here.

Modified by Cynthia at Fri, Apr 21, 2006, 16:12:58

The most amazing thing is that Elan Vital picked up that garbage
Re: Re: I can't help but notice that there is some conflict re: this forum -- Cynthia Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Joe ®

04/21/2006, 17:56:44
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

The cult members post a bunch of defamatory lies about us, and then Elan Vital itself devotes a whole section of its website (actually, websites in various countries), parroting the "hate group" label, as well as personal, lying, derrogatory "facts" about ex-premies as individuals.  It is truly amazing, as Marianne said, as to why a humanitarian, "peace" organization would do that.  It says a lot about who those people are.

But in the end, Elan Vital never has the balls to actually follow through and use the names of individuals it is defaming.  It's called fear.

Re: The most amazing thing is that Elan Vital picked up that garbage
Re: The most amazing thing is that Elan Vital picked up that garbage -- Joe Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Cynthia ®

04/22/2006, 07:01:20
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

But in the end, Elan Vital never has the balls to actually follow through and use the names of individuals it is defaming.  It's called fear.

That's so true.  Elan Vital's UK, Australia, and United States sites all have variations of their complaints about the "things done by the opposition" that are out of context. But, no names.  Gee, I wonder why? 

So EV says we're anonymous, which we're not -- I know how EV got those trumped up "allegations," -- while making accusations that are based on postings of  totally anonymous premie trolls. 

EV also doesn't bother to include the fact that exes have been publicly vociferous against exes making any kind of threats on the forum or in real life, against Maharaji, his family, or premies. I've always been one of them. 

What's really Scientology-like, or cultic, is that Rawat/EV has depended upon the likes of One Reality owner Geoffrey Staker to do their dirty work for them. 

Geoffrey Staker is the premie that lost in Marianne's defammation lawsuit against him in the California Superior Court, San Francisco County. 

Modified by Cynthia at Sat, Apr 22, 2006, 07:03:48

Re: I can't help but notice that there is some conflict re: this forum
Posted by:
PatD ®

04/21/2006, 18:38:01
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Is that why everyone uses an alias?

Actually, everyone doesn't use an alias. I'd say that the proportion of those who post under their real names is probably higher now than it's ever been, in the 7/8 yr history of internet communication on this topic, & that's all to the good imo.

The thing is, if you have some specific information about the past or present doings of the man born to be the greater than god, or if you are prepared to write letters of objection to the various Govt agencies which have been bamboozled into subsidising Rawat's flying hobby, or if you decide you'd like to take the piss out of him just because you consider him to be a little twat, & set up a  website saying so, then be prepared for the Wrath of God to get down 'n dirty on your sinful ass.

Rawat is a tyrant in his own little world, with a $50m plus fortune to protect.

My, my, my, said the spider to the fly, one step ahead & you're dead.

Fuck that.

Right Pat, I'm happy to use my real name here
Re: Re: I can't help but notice that there is some conflict re: this forum -- PatD Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Joe ®

04/21/2006, 19:02:27
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

And I have for years, and  if cult members want to harass me, well, all that does is reflect back on Rawat and his cult, big time.  I know this from personal experience, and Rawat has suffered greatly by the very bad representatives of "peace" and "that experience" who have done these things, anonymous or not.  I can't tell you how many people who once didn't even know who Maharaji was, now see him as running a kind of vicious cult, due to what his followers do to people who criticize him.

And although it can feel shitty that some anonymous cult member hates you for telling the truth as you see it, mostly, what they have done is a big, fat, joke, and like I said, it has all backfired, despite a whole shit load of time and money going into the more elaborate attempts to defame and blackmail us.  The more the cult looks like Scientology, the worse off Rawat is.

I have nothing, whatsoever to hide.  All I have done is talk about my own experience as a premie, and my legitimate opinions on what I think about all that, about Maharaji, and about his cult.  That is legitimate free speech, and it's also a public service to let people know.

I know it offends some more fanatical premies that we criticize their Lord, and they are freaked out by the mere existence of people who have received knowledge, but talk about how "knowledge" and the Perfect Master aren't what ithey are cracked up to be, but that is really their problem, not mine.

Modified by Joe at Fri, Apr 21, 2006, 19:08:22

Yes, me too, Joe
Re: Right Pat, I'm happy to use my real name here -- Joe Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Marianne ®

04/21/2006, 19:36:43
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

I am happy to use my real name. It has brought me (and many others) endless amounts of harrassment, but it is important that people be willing to stand up to Rawat and the cult and tell the truth. Anonymous posts and websites are used to attack ex-premies because folks don't want to be held responsible for their actions. I wonder where they learned that?

Marianne

Real name. No way.
Re: Yes, me too, Joe -- Marianne Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
AJW ®

04/23/2006, 04:43:22
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

No fucking way am I using my real name. Those cult bastards will be after me in no time.

Anth the AJW the Anthony James Wesley Ginn.