This Momento's quite something, isn't he?
  Archive
Posted by:
Jim ®

04/20/2006, 15:10:44
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

There's nothing quite like a lying cult member, is there?

Here's this Momento ******e on the Ron Geaves talk page on Wikipedia referring to Rawat's invitation to Millenium where he said in part:

As you all know Millenium '73 is being prepared for now. This festival has been organized by Divine Light Mission each year since 1967, in the memory of the late Satgurudev Shri Hans Ji Maharaji on His birthday. This year the most Holy and significant event in human history will take place in America.

Momento explains that:

The phrase " the most Holy and significant event in human history" doesn't just apply to Millenium. It applies to PR's Guru's birthday celebration, of which there had already been six. And whilst PR has his expectations,it is incorrect to assume that he was aware of or shared those of his followers.Momento 23:12, 19 April 2006 (UTC)

It goes without saying that there can only be one most anything. 

Modified by Jim at Thu, Apr 20, 2006, 15:14:30

Previous Recommend Current page Next

Replies to this message

The quote is "event," not "eventS"
Re: This Momento's quite something, isn't he? -- Jim Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
NAR ®

04/20/2006, 16:04:28
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Jim, have they lost there ability to tell plural from singular? Sheesh! You can only have ONE event! If they meant more thant a single event, they would have said that, right? SO wihich event was it, Millenium or Sri Hans birthday?

Quite frankly, it should be hard for Momento to even swallow that someone's particular birthday was the most HOLY or whatever event in human history..... gimme a break.

Re: I had an edit war with Momento about this
Re: The quote is "event," not "eventS" -- NAR Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Andries ®

04/20/2006, 16:08:06
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

then I decided to use the full, long quote to let the reader make up her mind, instead of making disputed summaries of the quote.

Andries

Good luck with that.
Re: Re: I had an edit war with Momento about this -- Andries Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
NAR ®

04/20/2006, 17:05:54
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

It is apparent that wiki is premie-heavy and is likely to be prejudiced in favor of M due to that. If they really cared about NPOV, Joseph... ooppss, I mean Jossi wouldn't be permitted to post there.

Good luck, tho

Outrageous! Shameless!
Re: This Momento's quite something, isn't he? -- Jim Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Bryn ®

04/20/2006, 18:08:00
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

I made this excuse below pretty much in parody as anything, and here it is for real!

These guys are sooo bizarre.

Hey guys! how many angels can you get on the head of a pin then?

I wonder if they can do tricks with numbers too. Word language as we know it is obviously not adequate for their purposes anymore.

Question:2 plus 2 plus2 equals?

Ans:Well it depends what you mean by2. In the case of the first 2 it is obviously a number but the second 2, as a repetition of the first, is merely a likeness and as such can carry no certainty and so should probably be discounted.

2 number three, is similarly suspect on the grounds that it would be unreasonable to discriminate against 2 number two and then to over look its sucessor without justification.

So we are left with2 is 2 and as such there is really no sum to answer. The result must therefore be zero. Just to check, we did a similar investigation on 3 plus 3 plus 3, and came to exactly similar conclusions.

As both computations undoubtedly resulted in the same outcome, we can confidently go on to suggest that there is every liklihood that 2 infact equals 3, which is what Maharaji has always been saying all along. 

Gawd elp us

Love

Bryn

WE have a WINNER!
Re: Outrageous! Shameless! -- Bryn Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
NAR ®

04/20/2006, 18:25:54
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Bryn,
That was hilarious! You hit the nail right on the head.