RARE LP
  Archive
Posted by:
Ebay Alert ®

04/20/2006, 06:07:26
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

RARE LP: THE LORD OF THE UNIVERSE THE ANAND BAND PROMO

Great photos of the royal family including Pop and Ma and the Boys.  Gee, don't they look like the perfect functional family?  Looks like the boys just got back from church.

This is a must have for old time devotees who threw their original one away along with their copies of Divine Times under strict orders to do so.  This one has emerged through time with only a few minor scratches to reveal that the Lord of The Universe will not go away and that not all devotees followed the rules of the master. 

Description:

SHRI HANS RECORDS "THE LORD OF THE UNIVERSE" THE ANAND BAND OF LONDON "PROMOTIONAL COPY"

"ALL MUSIC IS COMPOSED AND PLAYED BY THE ANAND BAND OF LONDON AS A DEDICATION TO OUR LORD, SHRI GURU MAHARAJ JI.  THE ANAND BAND ARE DEVOTEES OF THE PERFECT MASTER AND HAVE OFFERED THIS ALBUM AS AN EXPRESSION OF TRUE LOVE WHICH THEY HAVE FOUND THROUGH DEVOTION TO HIM."

CONDITION:  THE RECORD IS VG+/THE JACKET HAS A BAD CORNER.  THE LOWER-RIGHT CORNER HAS WATER STAINS/DAMAGE WHICH GOES THROUGH THE FRONT TO THE BACK.  I HOPE THE PICTURES CAN SHOW YOU THE TRUE CONDITION.

Related link: LOTU w/the Anand Band

Previous Recommend Current page Next

Replies to this message

Re: RARE LP
Re: RARE LP -- Ebay Alert Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Gallery ®

04/20/2006, 13:43:18
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

If anyone has a copy of this record perhaps they could arrange to have it sent to me as it would make a useful addition to this Gallery Page.

Glastonbury VCR in PAL format
Re: RARE LP -- Ebay Alert Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Ebay Alert ®

04/20/2006, 15:48:12
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Hey,

Remember this gig?  Lots of good music.  Was Richard Thompson with Fairport Convention at the time?

I like the description:

Quotes from the box:

The Original and First Glastonbury in all it's crazed glory.

Featuring Terry Reid, Linda Lewis, Magick Michael, Family, Melanie, Arture Brown, Quintessence, Gong, Fairprot Convention, Traffic, Guru Maharaj J. and 10 000 stoned hippies.

Video and box in excellent condition.

Related link: 10,000 Stoned Hippies

Fairports, 1971 (ot)
Re: Glastonbury VCR in PAL format -- Ebay Alert Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Nigel ®

04/20/2006, 16:53:50
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

I'm pretty sure Richard Thompson left Fairport Convention early in 1971, so would have missed Glastonbury.  Sandy Denny had left a year before that, so I can't imagine what sort of line-up they'd have scrabbled together for Glastonbury...

Strange that a legendary band (who still exist under that name) should have their classic recordings all over and done with so early in their career, but they carry on regardless nearly four decades later.  It must be the English ale keeps their beards growing..

Certainly do, well ish
Posted by:
hamzen ®

04/20/2006, 17:13:19
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

The acid was pretty strong 

Re: .. well ish .... Glast. et al
Re: Certainly do, well ish -- hamzen Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
LP ®

04/21/2006, 03:59:03
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

I missed it! .. but they pasted us in!

Modified by LP at Fri, Apr 21, 2006, 04:21:08

Hey, I was in that movie.
Posted by:
AJW ®

04/24/2006, 03:07:32
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

The first time i saw the film I shrieked with surprise when I saw my young hippy self outside our little plastic bender, stoking a fire. There were acid symbols painted on the outside of our "tent"- Om, christian cross etc. I was poking a fire with a stick. I look up and smile at Nic Roeg- the guy with the camera- through my beard and long hair.

Anth, yes I was in the movies once darling.

Re: in that movie.... (in the jingle jangle morning)
Re: Hey, I was in that movie. -- AJW Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
LP ®

04/24/2006, 04:54:59
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Hi Anth,

I am filled with acute nostalgia when I try to picture that young hippie.. I have never been to a Glastonbury Festival. If it wasn't for m Glastonbury would probably have become like a 2nd home to me. Great line up too.

I shared a house in Notting Hill Gate (Commune 101) with a bunch of hippies, one of whom was Magick Michael, if I'm remembering the same guy, I can't imagine what his performance was like. He used to appear a lot of times at festivals in the crowd, where he'd go into a sort of mesmeric wailing routine, with arms stretched out wide. Sort of tripped us out tho'. (even more) Same guy?

When our house disbanded he and I set off to hitchhike to Formenterra to meet up with the rest of our housemates and Hamlet the dog, to stay with Magic Larry, an american hippie with a bag full of musical instruments, including a trumpet! It took us two weeks to get there, which was not surprising considering how we looked.

The last festival I remember going to was at Woburn Abbey, 1968, when Jimmie Hendrix blew out the left hand side of the P.A. system, or was it the right?

I got an honourable mention! I was whirling in my usual acid dervish routine at that moment, and couldn't stop, I girated into, and over, a largish fire in front of the stage; barefoot. (Didn't feel a thing.)

Hendrix, apologising for the P.A. saw my blurred antics, and said, over the other half of the field, something like, "Wow, he's so gone, nothing's gunna stop that cat." I never saw Him again after that.

btw's Did you get my email? and Jeff S. (in tow) was playing a tambourine!

lp who also had his day

Modified by LP at Mon, Apr 24, 2006, 09:02:54