Mahatma Gitanand and Instructor Christine
  Archive
Posted by:
wolfie ®

02/02/2006, 08:03:19
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Hi everyone,

Gitanand tried to committe suicide after leaving his job as mahatma. When Gitanand was in hospital Rawat did't not want to talk to him personal so there was a situation were Jagdeo was on the phone to talk with Rawat and on the other line was Gitanand. Gitanand had to promise Rawat via Jagdeo never to try it again. That is the story how Jagdeo told it us at that time.
Christine was a swedish instructor and what I heard behinde the scene, she completly freaked out one day running through the streets and looking for her lover Maharaji. 
Why I tell this? Cause somehow that made me think, that the so called " Lord of the Universe" knows very little about the condititon of people he choose and knowledge seems not to be a good help to come to inner peace. There are many examples, that knowledge is not a help at all. The world of knowledge brings the perfect illusion what inner peace could be, the most we felt were some driggered emotions, some fozzy feelling and stupid as we were, we were overwhelmed, but maybe for a lot of people this is allready a lot to start to believe that Rawat is a very fantastic person. Yes he is super fantastic as a showman, conman.

wolfie

.......wolfie   

Previous Recommend Current page Next

Replies to this message

Hits the point
Re: Mahatma Gitanand and Instructor Christine -- wolfie Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
toby ®

02/02/2006, 08:54:18
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

some mini-experience anybody can have, fully blown up by the rawat dream machine, ultimate truth, brighter than 1 million suns, perfect peace, you name it. Most important point is the indoctrination to twist your mini-experinece as a starting point for an unchallangable belief-system governed by rat.

toby

yeah, just some emotional high!
Re: Hits the point -- toby Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
wolfie ®

02/03/2006, 04:44:47
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Modified by wolfie at Fri, Feb 03, 2006, 04:44:57

The early mahatmas and instructors...
Posted by:
Mike Finch ®

02/02/2006, 10:40:36
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Hi Wolfie

Yes many of the early mahatmas and instructors were pushed into woo-woo land, or were there already to begin with.

I remember at the Palace of Peace having to forcibly load a mahatma into a car to take him to Heathrow to return to India.

Certainly those early Indian mahatmas were pushed into a strange culture with no preparation. I thought Gyanyoganand coped pretty well, he seemed to keep his head straight, and left Maharaji to set up as a yoga instructor. Most of the others either became petty dictators or into some sexual scene, or both.

The early instructors (mostly westerners) did not have the excuse of being sent into a strange culture, but many of them were clearly unfit for their role, although equally many behaved pretty well I thought - at least no worse than the prevailing premie culture of the time.

As you say though, however they all acted, certainly Maharaji is to blame, and must be held accountable.

What a weird system, at least as dysfunctional and debilitating as the ashram system (no, perhaps not 'at least as', but certainly up there with it).

-- Mike

www.MikeFinch.com

Re: The early mahatmas and instructors...
Re: The early mahatmas and instructors... -- Mike Finch Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
The Falcon ®

02/02/2006, 11:54:24
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Indian Mahatme in car - who ?

My guess is ...
Re: Re: The early mahatmas and instructors... -- The Falcon Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Dermot ®

02/02/2006, 11:58:11
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Ved Pravaktanand. I vaguely recall they ( Ashok and others?) had to tie him up and gag him in the Mahatma flats at the PoP. Just a few yards from where I would have been doing blissful service in the kitchen, hahahahaha...

Yes that was him
Re: My guess is ... -- Dermot Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Mike Finch ®

02/02/2006, 13:26:04
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

www.MikeFinch.com

Gyanyoganand...
Posted by:
Dermot ®

02/02/2006, 18:28:08
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Yeah Mike, I remember him..he gave me the Knowledge, da dar!

Always found him a strange sort of guy. A Sort of aloofness bordering on arrogance but I might be being a bit unfair there. Not a very " warm" person,anyway, but I guess he was just doing his thing.No big complaints about him but no fond memories either.

Re: Gyanyoganand...
Re: Gyanyoganand... -- Dermot Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Mike Finch ®

02/03/2006, 02:28:26
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Yes, he was aloof, but not I think arrogant. He was trying to keep some sort of integrity in the madhouse that he had been tipped into, I think.

I got to know him very well, and I drove him for a while all over England and Scotland touring. We once very nearly had a crash, and I had to swerve and brake hard violently, ending up in the ditch, and I remember him just swaying with the car's motion and taking the whole thing very coolly - you can't fake that kind of coolness, in that situation, and I thought then that he did actually walk his talk.

When he left soon after to become a yoga teacher, I thought he had blown it, but now I see that clearly it was his vocation, and I admire him for it. I like him, and I'd quite like to see him again - about the only mahatma that is true of.

-- Mike

www.MikeFinch.com

He was my instructor too
Re: Re: Gyanyoganand... -- Mike Finch Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Bunny ®

02/03/2006, 07:10:36
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Gyanyoganand was very straight - definately no woo woo there and I really liked him.  I went on a mini tour giving out flyers to the public for his intro programmes.  The unwitting public were introduced to the living Lord with his satsang and the "Satguru Has Come" film.

I remember his satsang to premies about sitting in meditation and being distracted by thinking about having an orange.  His advice was to tell your mind to go and have the orange by itself because you were going to stay and meditate.  I thought it was quite amazing that an orange might be his main temptation!

When he left Maharaji after the marriage and family split I was quite upset that my Mahatma had gone off the rails.  It was much later that I came to realise that in fact if it was I that had gone off the rails by sticking with the cult:  He had his final drip over 25 years before I did. 

I hope he is doing very well.

Bunny

Re: Gyanyoganand...well
Re: Re: Gyanyoganand... -- Mike Finch Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Dermot ®

02/03/2006, 09:42:57
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Yes, he was aloof, but not I think arrogant. He was trying to keep some sort of integrity in the madhouse that he had been tipped into, I think.

Yeah, I can go along with that.We agree on his being aloof but that's certainly no crime given the circumstances and, as I said,the " bordering on arrogance" might have been unfair on my part.

I suppose the aloofness meant few people penetrated the shell to give a more fair judgement.So there we have it, my " no big complaints" and your " admiration" neatly sorted out.

Modified by Dermot at Fri, Feb 03, 2006, 10:16:35

some fired ones seem to come back
Posted by:
wolfie ®

02/03/2006, 04:40:32
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Hi,

to be the messenger of the Lord of the Universe surely is and was a too heavy burden and somehow the Mahatmas and Instructors were seen like this from a lot of premies. Maharaji did't care and after he could't use them no more he had sent them home . What an aprupt end of a career in the world of the one and only. Two I know were pretty pissed off, but now slowly start returning, that is hard to realize, but maybe they hope for a second chance to be again someone important. That's scary!

wolfie 

Modified by wolfie at Fri, Feb 03, 2006, 04:42:07

Why doesn't that surprise me?
Posted by:
Dermot ®

02/02/2006, 10:51:33
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

As for the compassionate counselling of Jagdeo & Rawat....it comes across  as more of a " Look, boy, don't try to kill yourself again...I have an image to protect. Priorities, priorities.." scenario than one of genuine concern. At least the way you tell it, anyway.

Welcome to the show everyone .....just don't concern yourself with what goes on behind the stage curtains....you wouldn't want to know and besides, don't you know, your wondrous,divine breath & your adulation of me is all that matters. Everything else is insignificant.Priorities, priorities..