New Journeys on ex-premie.org
  Archive
Posted by:
JHB ®

01/28/2006, 18:45:05
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

There are two new journeys on EPO from people who grew up as children of premies. I organised childcare in the Leeds community in the late 70s, and remember thinking how fortunate these children were. How wrong I was.

Hannah's story
Stephanie's story

Other recent journeys are:-

Reedo
Larry LaCom

John.

Related link: Journeys
Modified by JHB-Admin at Sun, Jan 29, 2006, 12:31:47

Previous Recommend Current page Next

Replies to this message

The kids get it
Re: New Journeys on ex-premie.org -- JHB Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
jonti ®

01/29/2006, 01:01:55
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

If that which we seek is truly within ourselves then why do we have to
spend our life savings on travelling thousands of miles every year to
see someone who doesn’t even know we exist? If Knowledge truly is a
gift then why do we have to give something in return? Surely its better to
take all that love and dedication and turn it in on ourselves? That is
true devotion.
-- Hanna

Please, if you know children growing up in a devoidee household, spare them some time. Not to talk to them particularly, certainly not to educate them about the issues, or to lecture them. Just listen and validate. A child needs someone who listens to how they feel, someone who can say, "Yeah, it really is like that. It really did happen like you say, and it's pretty kooky alright".

Just one listening and validating adult in a child's life can make a big difference. Maybe you know a child who could benefit from that.

Modified by jonti at Sun, Jan 29, 2006, 01:03:11

Re: The kids get it - The Next Generation
Re: The kids get it -- jonti Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Nik ®

01/29/2006, 04:31:57
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

My daughter came across teen premie at college last year. It was by all acounts a pretty weird encounter because this young person was attempting to propogate - using promo material that featured a suited Rawat. This did not go down well amongst an assorted collection of Goths, Gangstas. Jitters, Skitters and Skaters.

Maybe Rawat should get a tattoo and few piercings if he wants to appeal to the younger market.

N

What kind of tattoo?
Re: Re: The kids get it - The Next Generation -- Nik Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
karenl ®

01/29/2006, 11:33:54
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

1) The best would be "the beast" 666

2) With Every Breath iRIPuoff

3) EIYDHiWaAY (even in your darkest hour I will ALWAYS abandon you)

4) i NEED MORE WATCHES

5) Frodo faild, I got the RING!

6) Kiss my feet you fool!

7) I got my money the old fashioned way...conning.

8) I'm in my mind

9) ALWAYS on the take

10) 100% genuine LOTU

11) Not a cult

What would he pierce? What I would like to see is a BIG FAT safety pin pinning both lips together!

Hahahaha!

Karen

'JCSA' - J'ai Cat Shit Anand?
Re: What kind of tattoo? -- karenl Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Nigel ®

01/29/2006, 12:08:01
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Thanks! Love it! (nt)
Re: 'JCSA' - J'ai Cat Shit Anand? -- Nigel Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Premie_Spouse ®

01/29/2006, 14:06:11
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Modified by Premie_Spouse at Sun, Jan 29, 2006, 14:06:50

ROTFLOL
Posted by:
Susan ®

01/29/2006, 15:46:25
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

My favorite of the tatoos, (+ the new journeys).
Posted by:
Will ®

01/30/2006, 09:53:22
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

The tatoos are all really quite good, but no. 8 is the one that both premies and ex-premies should get, a badge of honor for ex-premies, and a dunce's hat for premies.  

p.s. thanks much to the new Journey posters!  They are all good, except the end of the Jesus one.  Oh God, please save us from religion!!!!!!!

*no. 8 is    "I'm in my mind."

Modified by Will at Mon, Jan 30, 2006, 09:56:34

Re: New Journeys on ex-premie.org
Posted by:
wolfie ®

01/30/2006, 04:21:28
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Hi,

I'm ashamed cause my kids gone through similar things, but the difference is that we talk about and that me and my wife agree that there was a lot of strange things in our daily life as premies. Nowadays we make fun about that time, but the confusion happened. But my wife and I always knew that our kids have first priority and not Rawat cause our kids were real with their needs and their joy. For me my kids helped me to come down on my feet again and not Rawat.

Today my my distance to Rawat is my freedom and my peace in mind.................wolfie

Re: New Journeys on ex-premie.org
Posted by:
shelagh ®

01/30/2006, 08:39:33
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Great stories--especially Hannah's and Stephanie's.  It's amazing to hear what it was like from the kids' point of view.  They are so intelligent and sane and write about their experience so well.

I put my own kids through a certain amount of the insanity too, but they were much older by the time I got into this, and remained sceptical of the whole thing from the start--except my daughter, who became a premie for a while, but gave it up within a year or two.  She particularly didn't like the "Master" bit!

I thank them now for having indulged their mother with minimum ridicule, and a great deal of love and support since my moment of true illumination when I left the whole thing behind!

Thanks, Hannah and Stephanie, and everyone with a contribution to the "journeys" , for your stories.  These are powerful testimonies to how it really was and what it really felt like!  From real people!

~Shelagh

fake or true??
Posted by:
wolfie ®

01/30/2006, 09:05:48
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Hi,

sorry to say it, a little bit I doubt the authencitiy of this journeys, especially the one from Larry LaCom. He could have stayed a premie too, now he's doing probagation for Jesus. Maybe he is blinded by the light.

wolfie

They all sound genuine to me
Re: fake or true?? -- wolfie Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
JHB ®

01/30/2006, 12:21:28
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Wolfie,

Did you mean to say you doubt the authenticity of more than one journey?  I see no reason to doubt Larry's story - quite a few ex-premies have become christians - do you doubt the authenticity of them all?  Sure, he does a little propagation at the end of his journey but I don't have a problem with it.

John.

Journeys sometimes make uncomfortable reading...
Re: They all sound genuine to me -- JHB Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Nigel ®

01/30/2006, 13:40:19
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

...depending on where that particular ex landed in relation to your own current views on life. But I think the born-again guy must be genuine, or he wouldn't have been able to tell it like it was - and his account rang true for me. So what if he is a Christian? He's no less an ex-premie than you or I am.

(Personally, I find the Journey by 'Jiva's ex-drummer', has that same 'get-a-life-and-move-on' attitude we've seen from many semi-skimmed premies who were never that far in or out of the cult to care much either way, and who probably wouldn't mind me saying so.  But neither should I mind him saying it.)

Some exes even remember their cult involvement as a happy time. I'll credit that much is possible: unless we acknowledge whatever it was about the experience that kept us involved for however long it was, we'll have less chance of properly understanding how the whole cult thing works.

It would be better if we avoided discussing Journeys as if they were thread posts, or, at least, questioning their authenticity. Mostly they strike me as deeply personal, time-consuming and sometimes painful pieces to write, but necessary for exes to finally get it out of their system.

And I'll say again what I've always felt, that the Journeys pages are by far the most valuable part of the EPO web-presence.

So, please, I'd rather treat them all as genuine rather than unfairly upset just one of their authors, or deter others from posting their own Journeys.

And thanks again John for keeping these pages going.

Modified by Nigel at Mon, Jan 30, 2006, 15:37:27

Re: They all sound genuine to me
Re: They all sound genuine to me -- JHB Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
wolfie ®

01/31/2006, 04:06:53
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Hi,

I got a little insecure about the style. Very well written from Hannah and Stephanie. For a moment I saw the potential to bring that journey site in misscredit by writting exactly what is water upon our mills. The other story is a probagation for Jesus and more for some biblegroup, I can't believe that story about Monica it fits exactly in the ongoing discussion. Out of my perspective is it not any better to join some born again officall religous group. This motivation is suspect for me. 

But I think it would have been better to keep my doubts for myself and maybe I hurt someone, and this is what I don't want to do. I only saw the possibilty to create desinformation. Sorry..........wolfie

Re: Re: They all sound genuine to me -- wolfie Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
bryn ®

01/31/2006, 04:27:44
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Hi Wolfie,

Hannah's is genuine for sure. No doubt at all.

love

Bryn

Re: Re: They all sound genuine to me -- bryn Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
wolfie ®

01/31/2006, 07:19:40
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Hi,

I feel sorry. The story is so real and so in flow, that I thought it's too good to be true.....................wolfie

no probs Wolfie
Re: Re: They all sound genuine to me -- wolfie Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
bryn ®

01/31/2006, 11:02:16
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Hannah is my daughter- and a fledgling writer! 

All the best to you and yours

Bryn

'Fledgeling'? - she's long since up, and away!
Re: no probs Wolfie -- bryn Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
Nigel ®

01/31/2006, 11:41:11
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Daddy is always the last to know
Re: 'Fledgeling'? - she's long since up, and away! -- Nigel Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
bryn ®

01/31/2006, 13:14:57
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Hi Nigel.
Co-incidence is that tonight she's doing her first paid play review. And today she delivered her second play to the Royal Court on time! The piece above was written a year or so ago when she was fledging (sp?!) (in writing terms that is)

Hey ho!
Bryn

Re: no probs Wolfie
Re: no probs Wolfie -- bryn Top of thread Archive
Posted by:
wolfie ®

02/01/2006, 09:39:53
Author Profile

Alert Forum Admin

Hi Bryn,

my daughter and my son are gone through the same process. There was a time I wished that they will get knoweldge, but they were never really interested. At that time I thought I did something wrong. Today I think that, I must have done not so bad. At least my kids are not so naive like I was in this age...........wolfie

Modified by wolfie at Wed, Feb 01, 2006, 09:40:06